A bit of fun with superlatives in today’s prompt. Happy journaling!
A mask is anything that protects the surface of your drawing and prevents colour from being applied to a specific area. The simplest form of mask is a piece of paper laid on your drawing paper; the pencil can travel
up to or over the edge of the paper, and when you lift the mask, the colour area has a clean, straight edge.
You can obtain hard edges using cut paper; torn paper makes a softer edge quality. You can also use thin card,
or pre-cut plastic templates such as stencils and French curves.
If it is important to mask off a specific shape or outline, which may be irregular or intricate, you can use
a low-tack transparent masking film which adheres to the paper while you work but lifts cleanly afterwards
without tearing the surface. You lay a sheet of masking film over the whole image area and cut out the required
shape with a fine scalpel blade. Carefully handled, the blade does not mark the paper beneath. Low-tack
masking tapes can also be used to outline shapes; they are available in a range of widths, and the narrower
ones are very flexible for masking curves.
Hey friends! It’s that time again!
To say thank you to all my followers and also (early?) happy holidays, I’m doing another giveaway! Unfortunately, money isn’t flowing fantastically, so I’m giving away something that’s been sitting unloved in my stash for a while!
So this time around, I’ll be giving away 3 skeins of Cascade 220. The 3 skeins pictured are the 3 I will be sending you!
To enter, all you need to do is:
- make sure you’re following me
- like for 1 entry
- reblog for 1 more entry, you can reblog more for more entries, but please no giveaway blogs and don’t spam it
And lastly some important technical need-to-know about the giveaway:
- the giveaway ends December 1st, 2016
- this giveaway is open internationally! (Shipping from the US)
- if you are under 18, please make sure everything is a-okay with your parents about giving me your address
- I’ll give the winner 24 hours to respond to me, I’ll pick another winner if I don’t get a response, I’ll announce the winner after I get a response
- I am in no way affiliated with Cascade Yarns